- Twin Cities Prohibition: Minnesota Blind Pigs & Bootleggers (Primary)
Link to Resource
- Click here to view
Please note that links to Amazon may be affiliate links.
- Type: Document/Text Created on: 2011 Creator: Elizabeth Johanneck
- The History Press Publication date: 2011
- Copyright - All Rights Reserved
- criminal justice personnel
- Ferret out the haunts and habits of those who kept speakeasy doors oiled and politics crooked in the Twin Cities. If you take a tour of former blind pigs today, you will probably encounter nothing more dangerous than a life-long attraction to the 5-8 Club's Juicy Lucy Burger, but Twin Cities Prohibition will return you to a time when honest reporting like that of Walter Liggett was answered with machine gun fire. Clink glasses with notorious characters such as Kid Cann, Dapper Dan Hogan and Doc Ames, the "Shame of Minneapolis" in Elizabeth Johanneck's raid on this fascinating era of history.
Cross-References to Related Investigations
Related Historical Events
Related Persons of Interest
Images, Books, Documents & Other Media
- Podcast Episode 14: Perfume Bootleggers in St. Paul? (Sound, is related to)